Cohen and Wolf’s Trusts & Estates Group represents private individuals in the areas of estate and tax planning; estate and tax administration; trust formation and administration; charitable gift and foundation planning and administration; business succession planning; conservatorships; guardianships; and probate litigation.
The Group has extensive experience advising clients on elder law issues. Attorneys in the Group regularly help clients to cope with aging family members by preparing living trusts, powers of attorney and living wills, and to safeguard assets while planning for long-term care. The Group also assists persons with disabilities in the transfer and management of assets.
The attorneys in the Trusts & Estates Group draw upon the skills and experience of the firm’s Litigation Group to handle various kinds of probate litigation, including will contests, removal of fiduciaries, and will and trust construction and reformation proceedings. The Group also collaborates on client matters with members of the firm’s Tax, Business & Corporate and Real Estate Groups, as needed.
- Cohen and Wolf has been named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® in 2020U.S. News - Best Lawyers, 11.01.2019
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2019
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2019
- Cohen and Wolf named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News Best Lawyers® in 2019US Best Lawyers®, 11.01.2018
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2018
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2018
- Philip C. Pires Recognized for Excellence by Benchmark Litigation and the Fairfield County Business JournalBenchmark Litigation and Fairfield County Business Journal, 07.02.2018
- Bridgeport Downtown Special Services District, 07.01.2018
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.15.2017
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2016
- Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale, 10.15.2019
- Milestones School, 01.17.2019
- Woodbury Senior Center, 07.14.2016
- Norwalk Inn, 06.08.2016
- ALI CLE Estate Planning Course Materials Journal, Fall 2013
- Estate Planning Advisory, Fall 2009