Cohen and Wolf's Appellate Group represents individuals, businesses and municipalities in all aspects of civil and criminal appellate work. Attorneys in the Group are experienced practitioners who are highly skilled in advising trial lawyers on preserving appellate issues at trial, filing appeals and petitions for certification, handling appellate motion practice, preparing appellate briefs, and arguing appeals.
Attorneys in the Group prosecute and defend appeals in Connecticut’s Appellate and Supreme Courts, as well as in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Members of the Group handle appeals that cover a broad spectrum of substantive areas including land use and zoning; dissolution of marriage, custody and other family disputes; business and commercial litigation; tax, estates and probate; administrative law; employment and labor; securities; personal injury and criminal law.
Attorneys in the Appellate Group work closely with the firm’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Property Tax & Valuation, Land Use & Zoning, Probate Litigation, Real Estate, Family Law, and Criminal Defense Groups to meet the needs of its diverse clients.
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2019
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2018
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2016
- Super Lawyers®, 10.22.2015
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2014
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, 10.21.2013
- Best Lawyers, 08.15.2013
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, 11.05.2012
- Best Lawyers, 08.23.2012
- Philip Pires to Co-Moderate seminar entitled "The Nuts and Bolts of Freedom of Information Law"New Britain, Connecticut, 01.23.2013