Cohen and Wolf's Municipal Group has extensive experience in all aspects of municipal law, including representing and advising town boards and commissions; negotiating contracts; handling municipal litigation and administrative appeals; and providing guidance and direction for town governance. The Group represents a number of municipalities throughout Fairfield County and in other areas of the state.
The Municipal Group is prepared to assist and handle unique and complex municipal issues as they occur based on its vast and varied experience in this area of law. The Group’s attorneys routinely advise cities, towns, and municipal and quasi-municipal agencies regarding labor and employment; zoning and land use; land acquisition for open space or municipal use; eminent domain and condemnation; planning, renovation or construction of schools and municipal buildings; drafting and revision of ordinances and regulations; tax appeals; financing of municipal projects; public/private partnerships; freedom of information; election matters; compliance with state and federal statutes regarding disabilities, telecommunications, property taxation and tax relief programs; negotiation of contracts; siting council work; and the construction or improvement of municipal infrastructure.
The Municipal Group handles matters on behalf of municipalities in state and federal court and before many state agencies including the Connecticut Siting Council, the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA), the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO), Freedom of Information Commission and the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection.
Cohen and Wolf provides municipalities with high quality, responsive and efficient service. The Group uses a team approach so that multiple tasks can be handled simultaneously and a Municipal attorney is always available to assist clients. The lawyers in the Municipal Group work closely with the firm’s Real Estate, Land Use & Zoning, Litigation and Telecommunications & Utilities Groups to meet the needs of its clients.
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2019
- Benchmark Litigation, 08.08.2019
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2018
- Benchmark Litigation, 07.19.2018
- Philip C. Pires Recognized for Excellence by Benchmark Litigation and the Fairfield County Business JournalBenchmark Litigation and Fairfield County Business Journal, 07.02.2018
- Bridgeport Downtown Special Services District, 07.01.2018
- Fairfield Citizen, 11.25.2017
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.15.2017
- newcanaanite.com, 03.20.2017
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2016
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2017, 08.15.2016
- Orange Town News, 06.02.2016
- Attorney Philip C. Pires Elected to Serve as a Commissioner of the Bridgeport Downtown Special Services District05.27.2016
- Super Lawyers®, 10.22.2015
- Best Lawyers®, 08.17.2015
- U.S. News & World Report, 11.06.2014
- Benchmark Litigation, 11.05.2014
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2014
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.18.2014
- Best Lawyers, 08.15.2013
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, 11.05.2012
- Best Lawyers, 08.23.2012
- Matthew Bender & Company, Inc., a member of LexisNexis®, 2017