Cohen and Wolf attorneys are consistently recognized for their excellence and achievements in the legal profession. Our recent accomplishments include the following:
- Chambers USA 2022 recognized Cohen and Wolf's Commercial Litigation (Band 3) and Real Estate (Band 3) Practice Groups, as well as Principals David A. Ball (Litigation: General Commercial - Band 2), Stuart M. Katz (Labor & Employment - Band 3), Mark A. Kirsch (Real Estate - Band 3), David M. Levine (Healthcare - Band 2 and Corporate/M&A - Band 3), and Matthew Susman (Real Estate - Band 3) in its prestigious rankings of leading firms and attorneys.
U.S. News - Best Lawyers® included Cohen and Wolf in the 2023 Edition of "Best Law Firms" (Stamford Metropolitan area), recognizing the firm in sixteen different practice areas: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) - Tier 1; Commercial Litigation - Tier 1; Elder Law - Tier 1; Family Law - Tier 1; Family Law Mediation - Tier 1; Litigation - Labor & Employment - Tier 1; Real Estate Law - Tier 1; Tax Law - Tier 1; Employment Law – Individuals - Tier 2; Employment Law – Management - Tier 2; Land Use & Zoning Law - Tier 2; Litigation – Securities - Tier 2; Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs - Tier 2; Securities/Capital Markets Law - Tier 2; Securities Regulation - Tier 2; Trusts & Estates Law - Tier 2.
- Twenty-Six Cohen and Wolf attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2023 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®: David A. Ball - Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Securities; G. Kenneth Bernhard - Real Estate Law, Municipal Law; Annmarie P. Briones - Family Law, Family Law Arbitration, Family Law Mediation; Jason A. Buchsbaum - Commercial Litigation; Richard J. Di Marco - Tax Law, Trusts & Estates, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Robyn H. Drucker - Real Estate Law; Ann L. Fowler-Cruz - Elder Law, Trust and Estates; Ari J. Hoffman - Commercial Litigation; Jocelyn B. Hurwitz - Family Law, Family Law Arbitration; Stuart M. Katz - Litigation- Labor & Employment, Employment Law-Management, Employment Law-Individuals; Mark A. Kirsch - Real Estate Law, Community Association Law; David M. Levine – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) Corporate Law; Neil R. Marcus – Land Use and Zoning Law; David M. Morosan - Corporate Law; Rachel A. Pencu - Family Law, Family Law Arbitration, Family Law Mediation; Philip C. Pires - Commercial Litigation; Richard Slavin - Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation; Greta E. Solomon - Tax Law, Trusts and Estates, Elder Law; Patricia C. Sullivan - Land Use and Zoning Law, Municipal Law; Matthew C. Susman - Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law, Commercial Transactions / UCC Law, Real Estate Law; Joseph G. Walsh - Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs; Alexander Copp - Ones to Watch in Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, Land Use and Zoning Law, Litigation - Labor and Employment; Tatiana F. DaSilva - Ones to Watch in Trusts and Estates; Ellen R. Sutliffe Hain - Ones to Watch in Elder Law; Marc J. Herman - Ones to Watch in Litigation-Labor & Employment; and Clifford A. Merin - Ones to Watch in Family Law.
- Five Cohen and Wolf attorneys received “Lawyer of the Year“ awards from Best Lawyers in America®. This especially prestigious honor is only awarded to a single lawyer in each practice area in a designated metropolitan. Congratulations to: Richard J. DiMarco, 2022 “Lawyer of the Year” for Business Organizations, Stamford; Stuart M. Katz, 2022 “Lawyer of the Year” for Employment Law-Individuals, Stamford; Rachel A. Pencu, 2022 “Lawyer of the Year” for Family Law Mediation, Stamford; Richard Slavin, 2022 “Lawyer of the Year” for Securities/Capital Markets, Stamford; and Greta E. Solomon, 2022 “Lawyer of the Year” for Elder Law, Stamford.
- Benchmark Litigation 2023 listed Cohen and Wolf as a “Recommended” firm in the areas of Dispute Resolution and Labor & Employment. Additionally, David A. Ball received recognition as a "Local Litigation Star," Stuart M. Katz received recognition as both a “Local Litigation Star” and a “Labor & Employment Star”, Philip C. Pires and Alexander Copp were named to Benchmark's "40 & Under Hot List,” and Ari J. Hoffman and Richard Slavin were recognized for Commercial Litigation, Securities.
- Twenty-one Cohen and Wolf attorneys have been recognized by their peers for inclusion in Super Lawyers® 2022: David A. Ball – Business Litigation ("Top 50 CT Super Lawyers List"); David E. Dobin – General Litigation; Ari J. Hoffman – General Litigation (10 Year Anniversary for Super Lawyers); Jocelyn B. Hurwitz – Family Law ("Top 50 CT Super Lawyers List") and ("Top 25 Women CT Super Lawyers List"); Stuart M. Katz – Employment & Labor; Mark A. Kirsch – Real Estate (10 Year Anniversary for Super Lawyers); David M. Levine – Business/Corporate; Rachel A. Pencu – Family Law; Richard Slavin – Securities Litigation; Greta E. Solomon – Estate & Probate ("Top 25 Women CT Super Lawyers List"); Joseph G. Walsh – Personal Injury General: Plaintiff; C. Christian Young – Criminal Defense; Alexander Copp – Rising Star in General Litigation; Tatiana F. DaSilva – Rising Star in Estate & Probate; Jonathan W. Fazzino – Rising Star in State, Local & Municipal; Marc J. Herman – Rising Star in Business Litigation; Christina M. Lopes – Rising Star in Real Estate; Clifford A. Merin – Rising Star in Family Law; Joshua Pedreira – Rising Star in Creditor Debtor Rights; Philip C. Pires – Rising Star in Business Litigation; and Rachael E. Spina – Rising Star in Estate & Probate Real Estate.
Fairfield and Westchester County Business Journals honored Philip C. Pires with a 2022 Millennial & Gen Z Award for his accomplishments, dedication, hard work, and creativity in the Fairfield County business community.
- The Fairfield County Business Journal named Alexander Copp to the Journal's 2022 "40 Under Forty" list which recognizes 40 of the best, brightest, and most promising business and community leaders in Fairfield County who are under the age of 40.
- The Connecticut Law Tribune recognized Marc J. Herman (2021) and Tatiana F. DaSilva (2022) as New Leaders in the Law for their outstanding legal work, service to the bar, and service to their communities.
- The Connecticut Bar Association honored Suzanne B. Sutton with the CLABBY 2021 Service to the Profession Award for her bar association section leadership, development of educational programs, and delivery of pro bono services.
- Twenty Cohen and Wolf attorneys across fourteen different practice areas were named to Moffly Media's 2021 Top Lawyers in Fairfield County list: David A. Ball - Commercial Litigation; Annmarie P. Briones - Family Law; Richard J. DiMarco - Tax; Ann L. Fowler-Cruz - Elder Law; Jocelyn B. Hurwitz - Family Law; Stuart M. Katz - Civil Law Litigation; Mark A. Kirsch - Real Estate; David M. Levine - Business Law; David M. Morosan - Business Law; Rachel A. Pencu - Family Law; Philip C. Pires - Commercial Litigation; Michael S. Rosten - Real Estate; Richard Slavin - Securities; Greta E. Solomon - Wills; Patricia C. Sullivan - Land Use; Matthew C. Susman - Business Law; Suzanne B. Sutton - Professional Malpractice Non-Medical Defense; Austin K. Wolf - Land Use; and C. Christian Young - Criminal Defense.
- Seventeen Cohen and Wolf attorneys hold the AV® Preeminent™ Peer Rating, the highest possible Peer Review Rating™ from Martindale: David A. Ball; G. Kenneth Bernhard; Jason A. Buchsbaum; Richard J. DiMarco; Jocelyn B. Hurwitz; Stuart M. Katz; Mark A. Kirsch; David M. Levine; Rachel A. Pencu; Philip C. Pires; Michael S. Rosten; Richard Slavin; Greta E. Solomon; Patricia C. Sullivan; Matthew C. Susman; C. Christian Young, and Austin K. Wolf.