Cohen and Wolf's Business & Corporate Group structures, negotiates and executes complex business transactions for businesses of all sizes. Our multidisciplinary team brings creativity and a collaborative approach to the deal-making process with local knowledge, industry expertise and an attention to efficiency. Our clients include a diverse mix of entrepreneurial, closely held and middle-market businesses in a variety of industries, and in all stages of maturity. We guide clients through all stages of the lifecycle of a business, including formation, capitalization, operations, licensing, contracting, financing, governance, compliance, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions and sales. We also regularly work closely with clients to prepare, negotiate and explain the risks associated with a wide array of commercial agreements.
We also advise clients on a variety of intellectual property matters, including trademark and trade name registration, and the transfer and licensing of intellectual property assets in business transactions.
The Group also serves as counsel to varied non-profit, governmental and quasi-governmental institutions. In this capacity, the attorneys frequently provide governance advice to boards of directors, trustees, town boards and commissions on the proper conduct of board business; indemnification of directors and officers; directors’ and officers’ liability insurance; navigating state and federal laws regarding business judgment; conflicts of interest; charter and by-law interpretation; Freedom of Information Act analysis and interpretation of other pertinent laws and regulations. We also assist corporations with the review of corporate policies and procedures in light of recent developments in corporate governance.
The lawyers in the Business & Corporate Group work closely with members of the Tax, Real Estate, Securities, Commercial Lending, Litigation and Employment & Labor Groups as needed in order to achieve our clients’ goals.
- Cohen and Wolf has been named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® in 2020U.S. News - Best Lawyers, 11.01.2019
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2019
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2019
- Cohen and Wolf named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News Best Lawyers® in 2019US Best Lawyers®, 11.01.2018
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2018
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2018
- Chambers USA, 05.15.2018
- Robyn H. Drucker Recognized for Excellence by the Connecticut Law Tribune and the Fairfield County Business JournalConnecticut Law Tribune and Fairfield County Business Journal, 11.2017
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.15.2017
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2016
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2017, 08.15.2016
- Business Attorneys Praise New LLC Reform Law; David Levine, Principal at Cohen and Wolf, co-drafts legislation reforming CT's LLC lawlaw.com, 06.02.2016
- Chambers USA 2016, 06.01.2016
- Super Lawyers®, 10.22.2015
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2014
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, 10.21.2013
- CBA Law Center, 03.23.2018
- Connecticut Bar Association, 11.2017
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants, 10.19.2016
- Connecticut Bar Association, 09.19.2016
- CTech Lunch Series, 01.18.2011
- SBA Issues Additional Guidance and an Updated Application Form for the Paycheck Protection Program under the CARES Act04.03.2020
- Relief for Small Businesses under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)03.31.2020
- Connecticut Lawyer CLC Special Issue, 2017
- Connecticut Post, 05.17.2013