As the Baby Boom generation nears retirement age, the demand for quality Elder Law and asset protection planning services has become more critical. The attorneys in the Elder Law Group at Cohen and Wolf are dedicated to the protection of the elderly and their families by preserving the accumulative wealth for which they have strenuously labored throughout their lives.
The Elder Law Group uses asset protection planning and long term care planning strategies to enhance quality of life for the elderly as well as younger people suffering from a serious illness or disability. The practice of Elder Law encompasses the law of public benefits (includes Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security); surrogate decision-making (includes powers of attorney and guardianship); older persons' legal capacity; and the conservation, disposition and administration of the older person's estate (includes wills, trust and probate of an estate). In addition, Elder Law attorneys are familiar with the vast array of services and resources available to the senior community to enhance their quality of life.
The Elder Law practice is supported by members of the Trusts & Estates, Tax, Business & Corporate, Securities, Employment, Matrimonial and Real Estate groups, as well as attorneys experienced in a wide variety of litigation.
- Cohen and Wolf has been named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® in 2020U.S. News - Best Lawyers, 11.01.2019
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2019
- Cohen and Wolf named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News Best Lawyers® in 2019US Best Lawyers®, 11.01.2018
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2018
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2018
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.15.2017
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2016
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2017, 08.15.2016
- Best Lawyers®, 08.17.2015
- U.S. News & World Report, 11.06.2014
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2014
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.18.2014
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, 10.21.2013
- Best Lawyers, 08.15.2013
- Cohen and Wolf Attorney to Be Acknowledged With Others for Role in Developing New Connecticut Probate Court Rules of Procedure03.21.2013
- Best Lawyers, 08.23.2012
- Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale, 10.15.2019
- Woodbury Senior Center, 07.14.2016
- Crowne Plaza, Cromwell Connecticut, 04.01.2015