Cohen and Wolf's Land Use & Zoning Group represents developers, municipalities and landowners in obtaining local, state and federal permits and approvals. Attorneys in the Group regularly prepare and present all types of land use applications, including zoning; inland wetlands and watercourses; affordable housing; and coastal area management before local boards and commissions, and other land use applications as required by state and federal agencies.
In addition to providing advice and assistance at the administrative level, the Group has extensive experience in representing clients in litigation in the Connecticut Superior Court, Appellate Court and Supreme Court. The Group also routinely represents individuals and advocacy groups opposing development.
The Land Use & Zoning Group is comprised of lawyers who draw upon the skills and resources of the firm’s Real Estate, Litigation, Municipal and Telecommunications & Utilities Groups for additional support.
- Of Counsel
- Co-Founder and Principal
- Cohen and Wolf has been named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® in 2020U.S. News - Best Lawyers, 11.01.2019
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2019
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2019
- Benchmark Litigation, 08.08.2019
- Cohen and Wolf named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News Best Lawyers® in 2019US Best Lawyers®, 11.01.2018
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2018
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2018
- Philip C. Pires Recognized for Excellence by Benchmark Litigation and the Fairfield County Business JournalBenchmark Litigation and Fairfield County Business Journal, 07.02.2018
- Bridgeport Downtown Special Services District, 07.01.2018
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.15.2017
- newcanaanite.com, 03.20.2017
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2016
- Connecticut Post, 11.12.2012
- Matthew Bender & Company, Inc., a member of LexisNexis®, 2017