Our Connecticut personal injury lawyers represent individuals who have sustained injuries and losses as a result of motor vehicle accidents, boat and watercraft accidents, dangerous premises, dog bites, falls, and accidents at work. Our personal injury lawyers also have successfully litigated all types of wrongful death actions. Our personal injury attorneys have a proven track record of successful results in both state and federal courts and obtain maximum compensation for our clients through trial, settlement, mediation, or arbitration. Our personal injury attorneys have been recognized for excellence in Connecticut Super Lawyers, Benchmark Litigation, and The Multi-Million Dollar Forum. Our attorneys are also members of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.
Our Connecticut personal injury lawyers handle the following types of cases:
Car accidents are a frequent cause of injuries and damages in Connecticut. Our personal injury attorneys also handle other types of vehicular accidents, including truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and bus accidents.
Premises Liability Claims
If you have suffered an injury on unsafe premises – be it a slip and fall at a shopping mall, a trip and fall on a poorly maintained sidewalk, or an injury due to inadequate security – our personal injury lawyers are prepared to fight for your rights. We diligently work towards holding the negligent parties accountable and seek maximum compensation on your behalf for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Dog Bites and Dog Attacks
Dog bites or other forms of canine attacks can lead to physical, emotional, and financial distress. Injuries caused by dogs often are covered by the homeowner's or renter's insurance of the dog's owner. Our experienced personal injury lawyers help our clients recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any other costs related to the dog attack.
We not only help construction accident victims navigate the complexities of the workers' compensation process in Connecticut but also delve deeper into each case to explore all possible routes for recovery. One significant area we consider is third-party liability claims. These claims can provide additional compensation if someone other than your employer, such as a contractor, subcontractor, or equipment manufacturer, contributed to your accident.
Boat and Watercraft Injuries
Accidents on the water can result in an array of severe injuries, spanning from head trauma to drowning. These incidents often involve a complex interplay of factors, and accountability can extend to multiple parties, including boat operators, equipment manufacturers, and rental companies. Our experienced attorneys are committed to guiding you through this process, investigating each case meticulously to determine all parties that may be liable.
If you have lost a loved one in an accident where someone else was at fault, our compassionate and experienced attorneys can assist you in seeking justice. We can pursue a wrongful death claim on your behalf, aiming to secure rightful compensation for you and your family. This can help alleviate some of the financial stresses associated with medical bills, funeral expenses, lost income, and the emotional pain and suffering that inevitably follow such a loss.
Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you or a loved one have been injured, please contact our Connecticut personal injury attorneys.
- Cohen and Wolf, P.C. Recognized in 16 Practice Areas by 2023 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”11.03.2022
- Cohen and Wolf has been named a Tier 1 Stamford Metro Area “Best Law Firm” in nine practice areas by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® in 202211.04.2021
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms, 11.05.2020
- Cohen and Wolf has been named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® in 2020U.S. News - Best Lawyers, 11.01.2019
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2019
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2019
- Cohen and Wolf named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News Best Lawyers® in 2019US Best Lawyers®, 11.01.2018
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2018
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2018
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.15.2017
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2017, 08.15.2016
- Best Lawyers®, 08.17.2015
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2014
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.18.2014
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, 10.21.2013
- The National Trial Lawyers, 06.27.2013
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, 11.05.2012
Disclaimer: Each case is unique and prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Successfully represented the estate of a young woman who was killed in a one-car motor vehicle collision when the young man driving the car went out of control and crashed. We assisted the family throughout both the criminal and civil process.
- Successfully represented a man who suffered very serious injuries when he fell from a stairway in a local mall. Although the mall denied liability, we proved that the railings on the stairs did not conform to code, and that our client would not have suffered these injuries otherwise, which enabled him to receive the compensation he needed and deserved.
- Successfully represented the estate of a young man who drowned while at a state park in Connecticut. The claim was brought against the state. We requested and won approval of a special legislative act from the state legislature to allow such an action to proceed. Once the matter reached the Superior Court, the Attorney General's office of the State of Connecticut filed a motion for summary judgment on the issue of recreational use immunity. We successfully defended that motion, and the Court allowed the action to proceed. Prior to trial, the parties settled the case for the benefit of the estate.
- Successfully represented a laborer from New Jersey who, while working on the framing of a new hotel in Connecticut, slipped and fell on compacted ice and snow. Our client suffered significant injuries, required multiple surgeries. The Defendants denied liability, and contested both the extent and causation of the injuries. The Defendants also claimed that they were not liable because another person (an independent contractor) was in charge of the construction jobsite. Through litigation followed by mediation, we were able to obtain compensation for our client for all his injuries.
- Successfully represented the estates of a couple from Connecticut killed in a motor vehicle collision in Florida. On behalf of their estates, which the firm established in Connecticut, we pursued both liability claims in Florida and claims for underinsured motorist coverage in CT, pursuant to an automobile insurance policy issued in Connecticut. Dealt with several insurance companies in Florida and Connecticut, and representatives of both in both states, and ultimately obtained the maximum amount of compensation available to our clients.
- Successfully represented the estate of a woman killed in a motor vehicle collision in New York, in which her sister was very seriously injured. On behalf of both clients, we pursued both a liability action in New York and claims for underinsured motorist coverage in CT, pursuant to an automobile insurance policy issued in Connecticut. We dealt with several insurance policies and various insurance companies in New York and Connecticut, and ultimately obtained the maximum amount of compensation available to our clients.
- Successfully represented a young woman who was seriously injured as a rear-seat passenger in a one-car motor vehicle collision when a young man drove off the road and hit a tree. Amongst other issues, the defendant's insurance company claimed that our client's compensation should be limited because she knowingly entered and rode in a vehicle when she knew that the operator did not have a proper license and was not in physical condition to drive. Successfully defended those arguments through litigation; and eventually, with the assistance of mediation, were able to obtain a very successful result for our client.
- Successfully represented many individuals, including children, bitten by dogs in separate incidents over the last few years. In some of these cases, the dog was unknown to our client; in other cases, the dog belonged to a neighbor or a relative. Most of these cases were settled prior to trial, while one case was the result of a successful jury verdict for our client.
- Successfully represented Client seriously injured in one-car motor vehicle collision caused by drunk driver. We were able to collect compensation for our Client against the driver of the car, as well as the restaurant where the driver became intoxicated. The restaurant contested liability and responsibility throughout, but we were able to prove the restaurant and its bartender were responsible.
- Successfully represented Client who suffered injury to her neck as result of massage at spa in CT. Client required surgery, and missed several months at work. Spa originally contested case and denied liability.
- Successfully represented Client who was passenger in terrible one-car motor vehicle collision in NY, and suffered traumatic brain injury. As part of the resolution of this case, we convinced driver’s parents’ homeowners’ insurance company that it was liable to contribute to the compensation to our client, along with the automobile insurance company.