Cohen and Wolf's Real Estate Group has extensive experience representing owners, developers, asset managers, investors, landlords, tenants, lenders, municipalities and governmental agencies in the development, acquisition, financing, leasing and disposition of commercial real estate, across all commercial real estate property types, including retail, hospitality, office, industrial, mixed-use and multi-family properties. Our skilled team guides clients through the full spectrum of development-related matters, including land use, zoning, permitting, wetlands, coastal area management, construction, environmental concerns, and negotiating development agreements and construction contracts.
As a fully integrated practice, the Real Estate Group works closely with the firm's Land Use & Zoning, Business & Corporate, Tax, Municipal, Property Tax & Valuation, and Litigation & Dispute Resolution Groups, as well as with land use planners, architects, surveyors, contractors, engineers, lenders, title insurance underwriters and real estate brokers to ensure that projects are completed efficiently, timely and on budget. Our collaborative approach combined with our local knowledge and industry experience allow us to advise clients on even the most complex transactions with speed and efficiency.
In addition, we help clients structure and document a broad range of real estate investments, including structured equity, structured debt, joint ventures, real estate syndications, public-private partnerships and other hybrid structures.
The Group also represents common interest community developers and associations, in connection with commercial, residential and mixed-use communities, from the creation of these communities, through the drafting of the declaration, offering statement, and other formation documents, to the handling of the many on-going matters affecting associations day-to-day, including community association borrowing, reviewing and amending of governing instruments, and the drafting of rules, covenants and policies.
Cohen and Wolf has been recognized as a Leading Firm in Connecticut in the area of Real Estate by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
In addition to Cohen and Wolf's commercial real estate capabilities, the firm represents real estate developers and investors as well as private individuals and entities in the acquisition, financing, leasing and disposition of residential real estate. Attorneys in the Real Estate Group are supported by experienced real estate paralegals, and are knowledgeable in all aspects of residential real estate transactions. Acting as a liaison between the buyer's or seller's attorney, real estate agent, title insurance company and lender, Cohen and Wolf coordinates the entire transaction in a prompt and professional manner.
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel
- Co-Founder and Principal
- Cohen and Wolf, P.C. Recognized in 16 Practice Areas by 2023 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”11.03.2022
- Cohen and Wolf has been named a Tier 1 Stamford Metro Area “Best Law Firm” in nine practice areas by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® in 202211.04.2021
- Chambers USA, 05.20.2021
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms, 11.05.2020
- Chambers USA, 04.28.2020
- Cohen and Wolf has been named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® in 2020U.S. News - Best Lawyers, 11.01.2019
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2019
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2019
- Chambers USA, 05.03.2019
- Cohen and Wolf named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News Best Lawyers® in 2019US Best Lawyers®, 11.01.2018
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2018
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2018
- Chambers USA, 05.15.2018
- Robyn H. Drucker Recognized for Excellence by the Connecticut Law Tribune and the Fairfield County Business JournalConnecticut Law Tribune and Fairfield County Business Journal, 11.2017
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.15.2017
- Chambers USA, 05.26.2017
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2016
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2017, 08.15.2016
- Chambers USA 2016, 06.01.2016
- Super Lawyers®, 10.22.2015
- Best Lawyers®, 08.17.2015
- Chambers USA, 06.01.2015
- U.S. News & World Report, 11.06.2014
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2014
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.18.2014
- Chambers USA, 05.23.2014
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, 10.21.2013
- Best Lawyers, 08.15.2013
- Chambers USA, 05.24.2013
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, 11.05.2012
- Best Lawyers, 08.23.2012
- Philip Pires to present at Landlord-Tenant Law Seminar: Evictions and Litigation, Collections; and Enforcing Your JudgementNew Haven, Connecticut, 04.27.2016
- Philip Pires to present at Landlord-Tenant Law Seminar: Ethical Considerations in Landlord-Tenant LawNew Haven, Connecticut, 04.29.2015
- Connecticut Municipalities and Taxing Districts Offering Tax Relief Programs to Residents Affected by Covid-1904.30.2020