Cohen and Wolf’s Tax Group represents businesses, executives, private individuals, municipalities, and tax-exempt entities in all aspects of federal, state, and local tax matters. Attorneys in the Group regularly assist clients in structuring mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, split-offs, shareholder redemptions, joint ventures, real estate ventures, and reorganizations to minimize overall taxation.
The Tax Group advises both businesses and executives on employee benefits and executive compensation, including stock option plans, deferred compensation plans, and executive contracts. Attorneys in the Group also work with business owners to devise business succession plans and integrated estate plans.
The Group represents a significant number of tax-exempt institutions and is very knowledgeable of the specialized rules governing exempt organizations. The Tax Group handles tax audits at the federal and state levels. Attorneys in the Group also represent taxpayers before the IRS and have experience in advising clients of the tax aspects of bankruptcy and debt restructurings.
The attorneys in the Tax Group work with members of the Business & Corporate and Real Estate Groups on client matters. Two of our Tax attorneys have advanced law degrees (LL.M.s) in Taxation and one is also a CPA.
- Cohen and Wolf, P.C. Recognized in 16 Practice Areas by 2023 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”11.03.2022
- Cohen and Wolf has been named a Tier 1 Stamford Metro Area “Best Law Firm” in nine practice areas by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® in 202211.04.2021
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms, 11.05.2020
- Cohen and Wolf has been named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® in 2020U.S. News - Best Lawyers, 11.01.2019
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2019
- Cohen and Wolf named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News Best Lawyers® in 2019US Best Lawyers®, 11.01.2018
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2018
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2018
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.15.2017
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2017, 08.15.2016
- Best Lawyers®, 08.17.2015
- U.S. News & World Report, 11.06.2014
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.18.2014
- Best Lawyers, 08.15.2013
- Best Lawyers, 08.23.2012
- Cohen and Wolf Co-Sponsors the Diversity Panel at The Federal Tax Institute of New England on November 2nd, 2023Saint Clements Castle, 1931 Portland-Cobalt Rd., Portland, CT, 10.23.2023
- Virtual, 02.16.2021
- Webinar (replay available), 12.17.2020
- Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale, 10.15.2019