Cohen and Wolf’s Commercial Finance Group provides responsive and cost-effective legal counsel to institutional lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured credit facilities, asset-based financing transactions, commercial real estate lending, acquisition financing, and other lending transactions.
Attorneys in our Commercial Finance Group work closely with our Real Estate and Business & Corporate Groups, offering a long and distinguished record of providing exceptional services to a broad range of institutional and private lenders and borrowers. Our lending clients include state and national banks, federal savings banks, bank holding companies, and community banks, and our borrower clients include individuals and closely held companies, as well as regulated or highly specialized borrowers, such as those involved in mortgage banking, health care, auto leasing, and alternative energy financings.
We have substantial experience representing lenders and borrowers in all forms of commercial and real estate financing transactions, from standard working capital, revolving credit, term loan, equipment leasing, and mortgage financings, to complex matters involving construction projects, multi-state deals, securitizations, structured finance, syndicated and mezzanine financings. We regularly handle asset-based lines of credit and term loans secured by accounts, inventory, marketable securities, and other kinds of personal property. Our representation of real estate lenders and borrowers includes acquisition and development loans, construction, permanent, and leasehold loans, and letter of credit facilities, secured by mortgages on various types of properties, such as shopping centers, office buildings and condominiums, retail centers, industrial facilities, apartment buildings, multi-family developments, and health care facilities.
Our Commercial Finance Group also represents secured creditors in workouts and restructurings of defaulted and distressed loans and draws upon the resources of the firm’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Bankruptcy practice groups to strengthen and protect secured positions, mitigate losses, and provide efficient and creative solutions to matters involving troubled debt.
- Cohen and Wolf, P.C. Recognized in 16 Practice Areas by 2023 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”11.03.2022
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms, 11.05.2020
- Cohen and Wolf has been named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® in 2020U.S. News - Best Lawyers, 11.01.2019
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2019
- Cohen and Wolf named a Tier 1 Regional "Best Law Firm" in 10 practice areas by U.S. News Best Lawyers® in 2019US Best Lawyers®, 11.01.2018
- Best Lawyers®, 08.15.2018
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.15.2017
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2017, 08.15.2016
- Best Lawyers®, 08.17.2015
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 08.18.2014
- Best Lawyers, 08.15.2013
- Best Lawyers, 08.23.2012
- Cohen and Wolf Co-Sponsors the Diversity Panel at The Federal Tax Institute of New England on November 2nd, 2023Saint Clements Castle, 1931 Portland-Cobalt Rd., Portland, CT, 10.23.2023
- Are you considering selling your business? Did your business receive PPP funds from the CARES Act? Will these funds affect the sale of your business?10.13.2020
- Additional Guidance for Self-Employed Individuals and Partnerships Under the Paycheck Protection Program04.15.2020
- SBA Issues Additional Guidance and an Updated Application Form for the Paycheck Protection Program under the CARES Act04.03.2020
- Relief for Small Businesses under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)03.31.2020