David is an experienced transactional attorney whose diverse practice includes a broad range of business, real estate, finance and securities transactions.
David regularly advises clients in a wide range of industries with respect to structuring and documenting complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, venture capital and private equity transactions, joint ventures, preferred equity investments, distressed investments, and private offering transactions. David also represents investment advisors in connection with the formation and management of both registered investment advisory firms and unregistered private funds. In addition, David regularly serves as outside general counsel to both early-stage and established companies, assisting with business formation, corporate governance, financing, commercial agreements, and employment matters.
As an experienced real estate attorney, David counsels developers, investors, owners, purchasers, lenders, businesses, and municipalities regarding all aspects of commercial real estate. His extensive practice includes acquisitions, dispositions, financing, leasing, permitting, and development of various classes of real estate, including commercial, industrial, municipal, retail, residential, mixed used and environmentally impacted properties. In connection with his real estate practice, David advises common interest communities with respect to the governance of both commercial and residential common interest community associations and the drafting and amending of common interest community documents.
David also has significant experience representing banks and other financial institutions in commercial lending transactions, including real estate secured loans, asset-based lending, mezzanine financing, syndicated loans, restructuring distressed loans, and the drafting and negotiation of intercreditor agreements.
Outside of his legal practice, David is active in the community and serves on the Board of Directors of Liberation Programs, Inc. - one of Fairfield County’s leading behavioral health organizations specializing in the treatment of all types of substance abuse disorders.
Prior to joining Cohen and Wolf, David practiced at the law firm of Sullivan & Cromwell, LLP in Manhattan.
Quinnipiac University, J.D., summa cum laude, 2006
• Quinnipiac Law Review, Lead Articles Editor
University of Connecticut, B.S., magna cum laude, 2001
- New York
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, 2023
Connecticut Super Lawyers® "Rising Star", Business/Corporate, 2013-2019
Moffly Media's "Top Lawyers in Fairfield County", Business Law, 2021
Connecticut Law Tribune, "New Leader in the Law" Award, 2014
- Twenty-one Cohen and Wolf Attorneys Named to Moffly Media's 2021 "Top Lawyers in Fairfield County" ListMoffly Media, 02.28.2021
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2019
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2018
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2016
- Super Lawyers®, 10.22.2015
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2014
- Connecticut Law Tribune, 10.03.2014
- Connecticut Super Lawyers, 10.21.2013
- Are you considering selling your business? Did your business receive PPP funds from the CARES Act? Will these funds affect the sale of your business?10.13.2020
- Additional Guidance for Self-Employed Individuals and Partnerships Under the Paycheck Protection Program04.15.2020
- SBA Issues Additional Guidance and an Updated Application Form for the Paycheck Protection Program under the CARES Act04.03.2020
- Relief for Small Businesses under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)03.31.2020
American Bar Association
Connecticut Bar Association
• Business Law Section, Executive Committee
• Real Property Section
Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
Liberations Programs, Inc., Board of Directors, 2008-present