Judge Jane B. Emons, Connecticut Superior Court Judge (Ret.), provides private alternative dispute resolution services, such as mediation, arbitration, and special mastering. Her primary expertise is in family and employment law matters, and she is well-versed in resolving legally and financially complex and contentious issues, both in settlement and trial settings.
In 2010, Governor Jodi Rell appointed Judge Emons to serve as a Superior Court Judge. She retired in June 2018. During her eight years on the bench, she presided over criminal and domestic violence matters and numerous family law cases relating to divorce and custody. She served as a Presiding Family Judge in the Stamford, New Haven, and Milford Judicial Districts for nearly seven years.
Prior to being appointed to the bench, Judge Emons served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Connecticut for 14 years as a litigator in both State and Federal employment law cases. She also served for ten years as an Assistant State’s Attorney in New Haven.
- Law Clerk to Superior Court Judges, New Haven County, June 1977-June 1978
Suffolk University, J.D., cum laude, 1977
• Law Review
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, M.A., 1972
Kirkland College, B.A., 1971
- Washington D.C.
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Rules of EvidenceNew Haven Bar Association, Family Law Section, May, 2017
- Kids Say the Darndest Things; Hearsay Issues Involving Children in Family Law MattersConnecticut Judges Institute, June, 2017
Connecticut Judicial Branch Law Library, Advisory Committee