Alex advises individuals, businesses, and municipalities in a wide range of matters, focusing primarily on civil litigation. Alex has achieved positive results for his clients in both state and federal courts on cases involving land use, landlord-tenant, probate litigation, defamation, employment discrimination, and business litigation.
Alex previously served as Chair of the CBA Young Lawyers Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee from 2016 through 2018. Prior to joining Cohen and Wolf, Alex served as a research clerk at the Bridgeport Superior Court where he performed legal research and assisted judges in drafting opinions on many complex legal matters.
Alex resides in Newtown with his wife and young son.
- Connecticut Superior Court, Legal Research, 2012-2014
Quinnipiac University, J.D., magna cum laude, 2012
University of West Florida, B.A., magna cum laude, 2008
- New York
Honors & Awards
Fairfield County Business Journal, "40 Under Forty" Honoree, 2022
Benchmark Litigation, "40 & Under Hot List," 2021-2022
Best Lawyers: "Ones to Watch": Land Use and Zoning Law, 2021-2023, Commercial Litigation, 2022-2023, Litigation-Labor & Employment, 2022-2023, Appellate Practice, 2023
Connecticut Super Lawyers® "Rising Star", General Litigation, 2018-2022
Connecticut Bar Association, Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2014
Fairfield County Business Journal, "40 Under Forty", Honoree, 2022
- Connecticut Super Lawyers®, 10.12.2021
- Benchmark Litigation, 10.08.2021
- Attorney Philip C. Pires and Attorney Alexander Copp Recognized for Excellence by Benchmark Litigation07.27.2021
- Super Lawyers®, 10.17.2019
- Super Lawyers®, 10.18.2018
- Online Zoom Meeting, 06.01.2020
Connecticut Bar Association
- Appellate Advocacy Section
- Young Lawyers Executive Committee, Alternative Dispute Resolution Chair, 2016-2018