Employers' Primer on Sexual Discrimination and Harassment
Attorney Stuart M. Katz, Cohen and Wolf, will provide a high level overview of many of the pitfalls that employers face with a special focus on issues relating to sexual discrimination and harassment. We’ll go over policies and procedures relating to harassment complaints, the roles of management and directors, policies for on-boarding and training staff, and issues relating to communications.
- Hiring (background checks, onboarding)
- Personnel files
- Handbooks – what language should be included re: SH (what constitutes sexual discrimination/harassment, reporting procedures, retaliation, disciplinary actions)
- How SH issues relate to Interns/Volunteers/Seasonal staff/Board members
- Trainings that employers should provide (ex. sexual harassment prevention)
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)