Over the course of his litigation practice, John has worked to develop powerful solutions to the challenges facing local government in Connecticut, while also providing expert counsel to individuals and businesses on matters ranging from personal injury to contract law.
John presently serves as Corporation Counsel for the City of Ansonia, a position he has held since 2013. During that time he has used his legal expertise to assist the municipality with high-profile public and private development projects, including the retention and expansion of a major manufacturing firm, construction of a new police station, and, most recently, plans to develop a private sports complex in downtown Ansonia. John is responsible the creation and implementation of successful anti-blight and business tax abatement programs, and overseeing the city’s “Ansonia Recharged” business development campaign.
From courtroom trials to Worker’s Compensation and Probate Court hearings, John has successfully represented the interests of a broad range of private clients, including injured individuals, insurance companies, and business entities. Regardless of the type of case, he places a priority on keeping his clients informed and involved.
University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 2006
Fairfield University, B.A., cum laude, 2002
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- United States Bankruptcy Court
Honors & Awards
American Society of Legal Advocates "Top 40 Lawyer Under 40" Award, 2014-2019
- Valley Independent Sentinel, 09.09.2019
- New Haven Register, 09.03.2019
- CT Post, 08.12.2019
- New Haven Register, 07.14.2019
- Valley Chamber of Commerce Economic Development ForumFeatured Presenter, 2019
- Naugatuck Community CollegeGrant Writing Workshop, 2017, 2018
- Ansonia's State of the CityHost, 2013-2018
- Freedom of Information Workshop for City of AnsoniaHost, 2013, 2018
- Valley Chamber of Commerce Leadership ConferenceSpeaker, 2014, 2015, 2018
- City of Ansonia - Attorney John P. Marini joins Mayor David Cassetti and Ansonia's Director of Economic Development, Sheila O'Malley to discuss the revitalization of the City of Ansonia, 2015
Connecticut Bar Association
Knights of Columbus, Council #53, 2017-present
Prendergast Middle School, Mentor, Ansonia, Connecticut, 2017-Present
Ansonia Youth Soccer, Assistant Coach, 2017-2019
Ansonia Board of Aldermen, 2009-2012