Cohen and Wolf Super Lawyers Announced
BRIDGEPORT, CT, October 24, 2011 - Sixteen Cohen and Wolf attorneys have been named by Connecticut Super Lawyers magazine as top attorneys in Connecticut for 2011. Only five percent of the lawyers in the state are recognized by Super Lawyers. Of these attorneys, four were recognized as "Rising Stars," a distinction accorded to only 2.5% of Connecticut’s lawyers under the age of 40.
Each year, Law & Politics Magazine undertakes a multi-phase selection process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, independent evaluation of candidates by an attorney-led research staff, and a peer review of candidates by practice area.Cohen and Wolf, P.C. is pleased to announce that the following attorneys have been recognized as Connecticut’s Super Lawyers.
· Richard L. Albrecht (Family Law)
· David A. Ball (Business Litigation)
· Jason A. Buchsbaum (Government/Cities/Municipalities) (Rising Star)
· Stewart I. Edelstein (General Litigation)
· Monte E. Frank (Business Litigation)
· Courtney A. George (Employment Litigation: Defense) (Rising Star)
· Ari J. Hoffman (General Litigation) (Rising Star)
· Jocelyn B. Hurwitz (Family Law)
· Stuart M. Katz (Employment Litigation: Defense)
· Irving J. Kern (Real Estate)
· Rachel A. Pencu (Family Law) (Rising Star)
· Gary Phelan (Employment & Labor)
· Richard Slavin (Securities Litigation)
· Greta E. Solomon (Estate Planning & Probate)
· Joseph G. Walsh (Personal Injury: Plaintiff)
· Austin K. Wolf (Land Use/Zoning)
“We are delighted that so many of our attorneys have been recognized for their excellence in such a wide array of practice areas,” says David A. Ball, managing partner of Cohen and Wolf. “We feel this honor speaks to the great work this firm as a whole does on behalf of our clients.”
About Cohen and Wolf
This year marks Cohen and Wolf’s 60th anniversary. The firm began in 1951 with two lawyers, Herbert L. Cohen and Austin K. Wolf, working from a single office in Bridgeport. Since then, the firm has expanded to 50 attorneys across Bridgeport, Danbury, Westport and Orange. Attorneys at Cohen and Wolf represent a diverse assortment of individuals, businesses and municipalities, handling their personal and professional legal needs, from matters involving litigation, employment, corporate and securities law, real estate, land use and zoning, to family law and estate planning. Additional information is available at www.cohenandwolf.com.